In Yorkshire ‘Fuddles’ are get-togethers where cakes and sweet treats are shared amongst friends.
My sister enjoyed these Fuddles when she worked in Leeds, and this gave me the idea for ‘Memory Fuddles‘ – where friends get together to share the memories captured in their favourite clothes, many of which have laid hidden from view for years in a drawer or loft. And if the odd sweet treat is shared, so much the better!
What happens at a Memory Fuddle?
At the Memory Fuddle I will set up a small display of Patch items to give your guests a flavour of what Patch is about. We will then spend the evening talking through the memories that are captured in our clothes – you will be surprised by what you remember!
Whilst I hope that you and your guests will feel inspired to transform your old clothes into something new, there is absolutely no obligation to place an order at a Memory Fuddle, the focus is on relaxation, sharing memories, and getting to know your friends better.
But don’t take my word for it, here are some of the comments people have made after attending a Memory Fuddle:
- “Thought provoking about memories and how to preserve them.” Jo
- “I liked discussing feelings, sentiments, powerful emotions – things that really mattered, and how we overlook so much that matters.” Emma W
- “I enjoyed talking to friends.” Emma S
Holding a Memory Fuddle is easy:
- To book your own Memory Fuddle*, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of dates and times that would be suitable for you. I’ll then get back to you with a confirmed date.
- Invite some friends along – small numbers work best, enough so that everyone can be comfortably seated (5-8 people are great), but always invite more than you want to come as often people have to drop out at the last minute for one reason or another.
- Ask your friends to bring along one or two items of clothing that remind them of happy times.
- Buy some drinks and nibbles.
- Sit back and relax.
My ‘thank you’ to you
To say ‘thank you‘ for holding a Memory Fuddle I’ll give you a Patch gift voucher for £20. This can be used to buy a single item up to the value of £20, or as part payment for a more expensive item, and is valid for 6 months from the date of your Memory Fuddle.
*Memory Fuddles are currently available within 1 hour’s drive of Northwich, Cheshire.