Do you sometimes find it hard to remember your loved ones? Do the clothes they used to wear hold special memories for you, but are kept hidden away in a wardrobe or drawer? A memorial cushion brings together clothes and memories into a keepsake that you will love, cherish and share memories from every day. It will be there for you to hug and remember your loved one by for many years to come, and create a talking point with family and friends.
Shirts, blouses, t-shirts and light-weight knitted cardigans can all be used to create this special memorial keepsake. For added sentiment, the cushions are completed with a heart-shaped remembrance poem ‘This is a shirt I used to wear, whenever you hold it, know I am there, love Dad’.
It’s hard to describe what a memorial cushion can mean for you, but one customer who commissioned a cushion for her Mum’s Christmas present, said “She was truly touched, we had a few (happy) tears, which led to sharing some lovely stories about my dear nana. Thank you again, it really made Christmas for my mum.”
The technical bits:
- All stretchy materials are backed with a fusable interface to ensure that they don’t stretch when they’re made up into a cushion.
- These cushions can be backed with the same shirt material, or to make them extra huggable, can be backed with super-soft fleece in a colour to complement the clothing used on the front.
- All openings are sewn up so that the finished cushion keeps its shape, and the front of the cushion is lined with cotton to enhance the feel and durability.
- A zip closure ensures that the cover can be carefully washed.
- I recommend hand washing in cold water, drying flat and ironing with a cool iron.
Ordering is easy
To order your Memorial Cushion simply place your order online. When I receive your order I’ll email you with the address to send your clothing to. I’ll send you an email when I receive your clothing, and let you know how long it will take to make. Making time is usually 2-3 weeks, but let me know if you need it sooner than this. I’ll email you again when your cushion is in the post.
If you have any questions please email me on email@example.com.